Welcome to the new and improved word sprint writing prompt series – #SwiftFicFriday!
If you missed the rules post, click here. Below is a quick rundown of what you need to know:
– The prompt will stay open for the weekend. I’m on vacation, so no time limits tonight!
– Include social media links/handles/anything you want to promote (Twitter, FB, etc) & word count in the comment with your submission.
– Submission must be between 150-300 words.
– All stories are property of the authors.
– Winner will be determined via reader votes once I’m back from vacation.
Ready, set, write!
Prompt: Today’s prompt will be more on the vague side. As such, you’ll get the whole weekend to work on it. I’m on vacation and won’t be back until Monday, but I didn’t want to leave the challenge in limbo until I got back. So as I mentioned in the last prompt, here’s vague prompt #2.
Write a piece that makes use of one of the below definitions for the word fury.
fu·ry/ˈfyo͝orē/nounnoun: fury; plural noun: furies; noun: Fury; plural noun: Furies
- wild or violent anger.“tears of fury and frustration”
- violence or energy displayed in natural phenomena or in someone’s actions.“the fury of a gathering storm”
- GREEK MYTHOLOGYa spirit of punishment, often represented as one of three goddesses who executed the curses pronounced upon criminals, tortured the guilty with stings of conscience, and inflicted famines and pestilences. The Furies were identified at an early date with the Eumenides.