Welcome to the new and improved word sprint writing prompt series – #SwiftFicFriday!
If you missed the rules post, click here. Below is a quick rundown of what you need to know:
– The prompt will stay open for the week. I’m on vacation, so no time limits tonight!
– Include social media links/handles/anything you want to promote (Twitter, FB, etc) & word count in the comment with your submission.
– Submission must be between 150-300 words.
– All stories are property of the authors.
– Winner will be determined via reader votes once I’m back from vacation.
Ready, set, write!
Prompt: Today’s prompt will be more on the vague side. As such, you’ll get a whole week to work on it. I’m on vacation and won’t be back until 9/9, but I didn’t want to leave the challenge in limbo until I got back. So this week will be vague prompt #1, and next will be vague prompt #2.
Incorporate the following word in your story. It can be the theme, used explicitly, or implied:
- the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way.