I know, it’s a bit belated, but I just got back from vacation. The worst part of getting back from vacation, I think, is the readjustment period. As much as I struggle with motivation on a daily basis, it’s a million times worse when I’m trying to get my brain back in work mode after a month-long vacation.
But anyway, that aside, I thought I’d make a resolution post. Writing my goals for 2018 down might make them more likely to come true, so here goes!
- Read more! I have a whole list of books to read (see pic), both indie and not, and I’m going to be doubling down on my effort this year. Maybe I’ll actually make my Goodreads challenge. (Ha!)
- Review more! This goes for the indie books I’ll be reading. My reviews will go up over on OWSInk.com, so keep an eye out for those and the reviews written by the rest of the staff/our readers.
- Write more! I ended off the year pretty prolific, if I do say so myself. NaNoWriMo 2017 saw the full rewrite of Secondhand Soul and energy from that jump-started a rewrite of A Vampire’s Bride that I intend to finish by the end of February. If I keep up this pacing, all my serials (minus Provisional Freedom) will be at novel/novella length by the end of this year, and maybe I can ride that motivation wave all the way through Withered Legacy, my eternal nemesis.
- Edit! Can’t just be satisfied with those rewrites! Secondhand Soul is ripe for editing, as well as some other works I’d like to see published. This is one thing I need to be more disciplined about and really should dedicate more time to.
- Get back on my health kick! I was pretty good about consistently exercising last year, as well as starting to eat better. I fell off toward the end of the year, so here’s to picking that up again (after I get over a stomach bug that’s had me in its clutches for almost a week now).
I probably have more goals, but those are the Top 5. Here’s to an awesome, fun-filled, and productive 2018!
As always, think happy thoughts!